Thursday 7 March 2013

The goat, the caterpillar and the ferret


I think we have reached a crossroads in the weather (I hope so anyway) because although today is not great, it is damp and grey it is not icy cold so Yaaaaaaaay.  It also appears that a temporary solution to the deep dark cold muddy hole is also working OK so although more work is to be done there is no longer any stress involved and I am allowed to go to bed with supper at normal times, so Yaaaaaaaaaay (again). We are also all off to BigBills Greasy Fur Ball Café tonight for a meal . . . Yaaaaaaaaaay (some more); I might even make enquires as to whether the fish and chips is available as it is the best fish and chips in the world. The last fish and chips I had out was not the best fish and chips in the world, you see this is a problem if you eat out in a place that does the best fish and chips in the world it is then tricky if you go somewhere else, which is why we go to Big Bills Greasy Fur Ball Café and seldom go to other places.



The art teacher has decided that he will allow us (myself, Freddie and Esmeralda) to paint the ceiling of the art department, he said that it is because the school governors are too tight to get professionals in, and so to annoy them he decided that if we paint it they are bound to get someone in to sort it out super fast then.  I decided to continue my theme from observing clouds and so I painted a huge three headed caterpillar with tusks eating ginger cake in an igloo it was surrounded by hundreds of ferrets that Freddie painted; and Esmeralda in what can only be described as a stroke of genius, painted the school goat on the centre of the art department skylight in window glass paint, so the goat will now be heading towards the out of town supermarket forever in the word of art or until the skylight gets exploded again.

As it happens there is another rather cunning advantage in Esmeralda’s art as Ron the supermarket manager’s son will panic every time he has art and phone his dad to warn him of the imminent arrival of the goat making him leap into action with his new anti-goat gun and defence netting in a false alert. This should increase the chance of the goat getting through the new defence system after all Ron likes art and has art lessons 5 or 6 times a week, that is a lot of false alarms. Particularly when you are an out of town supermarket manager also trying to stop a roller skating dog stealing frozen legs of lamb as it weaves in and out of the gangs of little old ladies looking for bargains and shouting at innocent shoppers trying to keep their heads down and buy food.    


Yes sorry Miss Lily more ferrets. . . . . . . . HAHAHH AHH ah hah ha hahhah ha hah ahh haha haha hahahah  


.

12 comments:

  1. 'An igloo surrounded by ferrets' - that's a strange image. I think it'll be stuck in my head for a while. Sounds like a painting I'd love to own, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly I thought the three headed caterpillar with tusks eating ginger cake was a bit stranger than an igloo surrounded by ferrets. Which as we know often happens up North. . . . . .HAH HAHAH HAH HAH HAHHAH HAH HA HAHH AH HAH AH ha hah ah ha h

      Delete
  2. I would go eat at the fish place in town, but that is where my friend Eddie died. Not from their food of course, other things. So I haven't been back there since. When you said caterpillar I thought that might have been a secret code for giant-gan-tic yellow earth moving equipment, and then if you crossed that with a yellow school bus, at least that is the predominant color in the states, now that might be an interesting mode of mad mud motor touring.

    Well, actuaLLy my wife makes veRy good fish at the house, perhaps thats another reason I don't think about going to Long John Silvers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giant yellow earth moving equipment would be rather useful at present and would make short work of my trench building by hand with a pick axe and shovel. Sorry to hear of your friend, but you must admit not many people get to say their friend died visiting Long John Silver.

      I note a medley of M words but luckily I am on P words now for Princess Peter and the Pie Piper of Pontefract a story of the perfect pork pie.

      Delete
    2. I think he crashed into their business sign while he was driving home. He had just done two repairs on their AC unit so he had reaLLy saved them a bunch of money on circuit breakers, and then I got to help him on the second task of changing a capacitor because he wouldn't buy himself a decent ladder, so he would always borrow mine, after some of his neighbor junkies had stolen aluminum ladder and cut it up for scrap metal.

      Delete
    3. Hmm, I guess I wrote that whole thing and didn't use any P words. Pfish Psign Pickup Pdisaster. That's the nice thing about P words is that sometimes the P is silent or maybe just makes a little wiggle.

      Delete
    4. Funnily the word that came into my mind was pterodactyl. I will need at add one of them to the tale based on P.

      I think the junkies were thinking very short term, if they had kept the ladder they could have used it to steal more things. It just goes to show drugs are not good, and only ruin the brain.

      Delete
    5. need to add one . . . .not 'at add one' . . . . . . .. silly keyboard

      Delete
  3. Haha! I actually quite like the ferrets in that picture. I may have to concur with the Lil man, that they are indeed cute.

    And it would seem that Big Bill's Greasy Fur Ball Café, isn't so greasy, or full of furry circular shaped objects. (see, I was being good there Rob Z) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you have to be good Miss Lily after all this is a child friendly blog, although I guess the number of children that understand it are thin on the ground. As it happens I think that is also true of many adults but I cant let small issues like that stop me rambling on and on.

      So it appears the Lil man is one step closer to owning a ferret.

      And it is true Big Bill's is rather a good place to eat with excellent food.

      Delete
  4. And is your hope that they leave your artwork in perpetuity or that they do, indeed, paint over it?

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to look at things long term and I know that planet earth will at some point be swallowed up by the sun when it becomes a red dwarf star. So nothing is permanent and we need to remember we are but the blink of an eye lid it the great scheme of things. Or to put it in simple terms, I think it will be painted over next week.

      Delete