Wednesday 12 December 2012

The twelfth day of the twelfth month of 2012, the Montgolfier brothers and a rather nice curry


It is the 12th of the 12th of 2012 or 12-12-12 today (not as good as 12-12-1212 but I missed that date) which will not happen again for a very long time. As it happens I think it will if I remember correctly Ethiopia is eight years behind the rest of the world, I am not sure why and I have not checked to ensure I am correct because it is very very cold. But I am going to assume I am right because I am right almost every time I am not wrong, and I am only wrong when I am not right.  In other words it will not be 12-12-12 again for eight years. Next year we will have 11-12-13 (well not if you are in America because for some silly reason they do their dates wrong)…..

The Sun was rubbish today and looked a bit like one of these low energy light bulbs, it even generated about the same amount of heat as a low energy light bulb, I just hope that the End of the World is not going to be an eco friendly End of the World that would be a disaster.



In an effort to warm ourselves up we are going to descend on the Montgomery Indian Restaurant and meet up with friends, when I say descend I really mean we are going to walk in the front door like everyone else, it is one of those silly sayings which came about from the early days of hot air ballooning when the Montgolfier Brothers would say to their pals see you for dinner. They would then leap into their hot air balloon and vanish off in totally the wrong direction landing on the roof of some poor unsuspecting family and say to them we thought we would just drop in for dinner, the resulting conversation would then descend into a fight because the Montgolfier Brothers would always say the food was rubbish and what is for pud.

So that’s it I know I did stuff but it was cold and stuff I do when I am cold is not exciting and I am (that’s cold not exciting, although I am exciting) I am not as good at typing either so enough is enough, another little phrase that goes back to the days of the Montgolfier Brothers when the family finally thought it was time to throw the balloonists out on their ears. Yes, yet another ballooning term, those early hot air balloon baskets looked just like ears .. . . . . . .The END

Last one to eat a curry is a sissy AH HHAH HAH ah hah ahah ahahahaha haha hahahahahh aha hah ahaha hahh hah 


.

14 comments:

  1. I never knew that Ethiopia had a different calender. How odd and wonderful.
    If the world does end on the 21st, does this mean that Ethiopia will have 8 years to get all it affairs and paper work in order before they finally blow up/ freeze or how ever its going to end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethiopia seem to use a very quirky calender indeed I think they should be producing wall calenders on mass and flogging them to the rest of us. They even have 13 months although the 13th only has 5 or 6 days in it.

      Delete
  2. If Ethiopia is 8 years behind the rest of us, and the iPad came out about 2 1/2 years ago, then does that mean they won't find out about this particular Apple product for another 5 1/2 years?!?!? I think I wiLL move to Ethiopia and set up a fortune teLLing service to predict their futures, which also means that I could then move back to anywhere else periodicaLLy and help people with their past, especiaLLy anything having to do with their eight years ago. Which also reminds me that I was s'pposed to do something a few hours ago but, weLL, lets pretend I forgot, as that is a nicer word than no I didn't reaLLy wanna do that so I didn't and learn to do it yourself, oh, sorry, that wasn't one word but (counting ....) 16. WeLL, I should go now and make something Ethiopian, like coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had thought that maybe I could offer to broadcast current news to Ethiopia by way of the nearest star then beam the information back down to Ethiopia, but since the nearest star is 4.2 light years away, information wouldn't arrive in Ethiopia for 8.4 years, which would mean that it would seem 0.4 years older than Ethiopians are already used to, so I am not sure if this would be good for anything but it may eXplain why I was singing the song White Christmas in the voice of an elderly Richard Milhous Nixon right before I went into Wal-Mart yesterday evening. Luckily no one heard me.

      Delete
    2. Question: Why did you think we couldn't have an 11-12-13 in America next year?

      I prefer the South African format of YYYY.MM.DD HH24:MI

      That format along with 24 hr time format allows for easy time sorting of computer files simply by having things in alphabetical order.

      Delete
    3. Yes Mr ESB you can have an 11-12-13 I dont know what I was thinking about, I may have forgotten about November 12th all together due to a frozen head and brain.

      I thought it interesting that you were singing White Christmas in the voice of Richard Milhous Nixon, although I didn't know that his middle name was Milhous (is it short for Mill-house as in the old saying 'There's trouble at Mill'). In the old days you would have sung it like Bing Crosby before he became a Microsoft map.

      I was wondering if, as you enter and leave Ethiopia you have to adjust your watch by eight years . . .. Ooooo yes I also have things I would rather not do too but I usually end up having to do in the end.

      Delete
    4. Question Ababa-out Watch: since the time difference is eXactly eight years plus two minutes, then you could leave your watch alone if you don't mind being off by two minutes. Then when you are sitting in an outdoor cafe in Paris or Seattle and your friend asks you, "Say, did you just get back from Addis Ababa?" you can reply, "No, forward from there." I mention Seattle because that is the only place I remember actuaLLy having lunch in an outdoor cafe, September of 2009, near Pike's Place, I believe that is the right name.

      Delete
    5. Your memory is rather good Mr ESB, I would never remember anything like that. I am rather pleased if I remember things from more that two weeks ago and have been known to forget my own birthday. I feel that if I forget my birthday then I get to remain the same age as I was before my birthday only I cant remember what that is.......

      Delete
    6. That's because 2009 was such a terrible year. I was glad when 2010 arrived. Even some of the few good things of 2009 I have recently found out are faLLing apart.

      Delete
    7. We have years like that ours was 1985 when we were all zapped and mashed up a bit (a lot) by a mad bloke in a car.

      Hope things resolve themselves Me ESB

      Delete
  3. The post really cheered me up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always pleased to see you pass by my blog, and am even more pleased that I have managed to cheer you up. I know you are a keen reader and reviewer of many books so cheering you up might mean I am slowly improving my writing as time slowly passes

      Delete
  4. I tried to see if there was any significance to 12-12-12 and Google came up with this,

    http://paradigmsearch.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Interpret-121212-aka-12-12-12-aka-12_12_12-Wednesday-December-12-2012-And-a-Metaphysics-Experiment-121212

    And then my head imploded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Lily I looked at that web page, it was interesting And its prediction that the most likely thing to happen was that not much would happen was almost correct.

      It did however not anticipate your head imploding or that I would photograph the gateway to the Golden Yod, but then neither of those are things that could have been expected.

      Delete