Wednesday 19 December 2012

Goats cheese tarts, Norwegians and subliminal messages.


Today was grey wet and exceedingly dull, not what you would expect bearing in mind that we are getting ever closer to a certain date. And assuming we survive that we then have Christmas and I would rather not have a dull grey wet Christmas day because it will feel very odd indeed. This sort of weather would have ruined the bible. All that, follow that star, obscured by heavy rain clouds and thick grey mist, to yonder stable, the one with the large tarpaulin on the roof next to that bloke who is making a huge ark to put a load of animals in.  Maybe this is why the Norwegians like Raw Cod on Christmas day.



While on the subject of food, we had homemade goat’s cheese tarts for our evening meal. The plan is to build up the immune system to protect us from the arrival of the huge intergalactic cheese slices, interestingly there appeared to be a subliminal message in my meal giving a hint of what the aliens might look like too, so that was very useful.

My day (partly because of the weather) was not a productive one, as I have said previously it is hard to stay motivated on cold grey days and we are very close to the so called shortest day, so called due to it being the day with the least hours of daylight (even less than today . . . . . .YICKS) although if all goes as predicted it might be the shortest day by quite a bit.  

Ok I am off now to protect myself from the lurking cat (Heavy Harry) who has taken to lurking even more, and must have some diabolical master place of his own, possibly to work on his own attempt to take over the world……

9 comments:

  1. Harry better be quick if he wants to take over the world if there's only a couple of days left.
    Cats are very agile but not very good at forward planning it seems.
    then again, I'm neither agile nor good at forward planning. Therfore I am not a cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heavy Harry the Cat is not agile but he is big, I think he might be one of the cats responsible for sightings of panthers and lions. And I think his view about the End of the World will be that he can eat Cheese, he can eat Gulls and he will have a damn good try at eating Aliens. And as this is heavy Harry we are talking about he probably thinks he can eat all the other cats too. He really is not a friendly cat, in fact over the years we have owned cats and that is a lot of years and a lot of cats he stands head and shoulders above any of the others as the unfriendliest and grumpiest cat ever.

      Delete
  2. If anyone can take over the world after a cheese apocalypse, it's cats. They will just pretend disinterest and hunt down the space gulls while frolicking in the grass.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure someone did research on what would happen if the world was to end and it was predicted that domestic cats would establish themselves as top top so to speak rather quickly..

      Delete
  3. Have we been wrong all this time? Will the End Of Days come about because of cats...oh how embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping this is not the case Miss Lily our cats have had certain bits removed, if the get to rule the world they may take revenge in a way I would not like

      Delete
  4. Your sentence "This sort of weather would have ruined the bible." totaLLy cracked me up laughing. I immediately want to start working on derivitive sentences using "This sort of _______ would have ruined the _______." as a template. I wiLL let you know if I have any success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a veRy late second smaLL supper, a fried egg sandwich. Cooper failed miserably tonight, he didn't ask for his 9 PM cheese, so I reminded him around 11. Nothing Norwegian.

      Delete
    2. think it sort of came into my head because of all the rain and cold and lack of sun. I know the bible has floods and stuff but I am not aware of any paragraphs are famous biblical events based on . . . . .And god said unto John, it shall be wet and cold and market traders will grumble at the lack of customers for at least a week. . . . . .

      I was trapped on a Norwegian ship for weeks once due to storms and food was very interesting indeed.


      As for "This sort of _______ would have ruined the _______."

      Well I agree it could be fun

      This sort of primitive hunter, gatherer technique was ruined by the 4X4.

      Delete