Sunday 16 December 2012

Can I find the lost world before the end of the world . . . and fairy lights


I spent much of the day searching for the thing I could not find, and believe it or not did not find it, typical.  But being resourceful I was able to do an improvised option that is almost as good as what I was trying to do in the first place, so that was sort of good. However I then discovered that my trusty old hifi was using a fancy low profile power connector, something I did a long time ago to save on space in its cabinet, but guess what I can not find the other half of the low profile connector. O really this is very frustrating for a simple scrambled brain, I have seen it somewhere maybe it is in the safe place with the other item I have put in a safe place. One of the problems is that we have loads of stuff (no really I mean loads), we tend to look after it so as time goes by it forms large piles. I think one of the reasons that things do get looked after is no doubt the fact that for most of the life of the item no one knows where it is.



So I am now almost exactly where I was yesterday only the part I am looking for is a different part, please note laughing is not an option or when the aliens turn up on the 21st to instigate the End of the World I will be giving them the names of anyone who sniggers.

In other news we noticed tonight that the house on the little hill across the road a bit, appears to have gone into competition with fairy lights, well sort of competition as they have one long string of lights (say 150 to 200) that flashes and does other things where we have just over 3000 so no competition there me thinks. OK ours are white and just sort of stay on, glowing at the world but then 3000 plus fairly lights flashing might mean we get confused with the aliens on the 21st  and that would never do. I was rather pleased to see that at least one of two mainstream media companies have finally taken note of the 21st,  and so far it appears that the worlds most authoritative expert of the events that are due to befall us all on that date is me.  I have written down everything in great detail about the End of the World in a special notebook and put it in a safe place so it does not get lost . . . . . . . . . .AH DAMN.

Oooooo and I have just saved someone I think from a dodgy solar panel salesman who wanted to charge loads for solar panels that would end up pointing north, why do some folk have no consciences and will con people, even little old ladies.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, looks like you're be needing the wise words of Professor Solomon.

    When you do eventually find the notebook containing details about the end of the world, which is now inexplicably lost by way of you hiding it in a safe place in order that it wouldn't be lost in the first place, will you share your knowledge with us...preferably before the 21st?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will I'm sure not be surprised to learn that I have discovered that I have also lost yet another thing, a piece of paper with a key word on it. It is the word we need to say in order to stop the End of the World, but I have sort of lost it somehow. It would be rather annoying for the rest of the world to know that the End of the World could have been averted if I had not lost a bit of paper.

      Still I am not silly enough to let everyone know I have lost the bit of paper that might have saved everyone . . . . . . . . . . AH.... DAMN

      HANG ON I can see a good post in that.

      Delete
  2. Well on on stopping the con-man. That good turn should help you find you missing bit n bobs. Good things come to those who stop dodgy solar panel salesman, as the old saying goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you would think so Mr H but the world is a funny place and as I have said in the past we can never predict the outcome of our actions, although in this case I hope I have saved someone a substantial sum of money from a dodgy solar panel salesman. I think he might be going to see my mate Napoleon Beelzebub soon, in fact maybe as soon as the 21st Dec....

      But as I have just said to Miss Lily I have lost yet another item, I feel I am going gaga at present....

      Delete
  3. and that's why we don't put up lights outside: alien landing pads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Miss Stephanie you do live in the the wild open spaces of Canada and I suspect in that environment it would indeed be very easy for alien space craft to get confused and think you are creating a landing pad. Here in the UK however it is something of a tradition to cover ones house in lights of some sort. We do try and avoid the rather in your face 20ft high Santa or reindeer, snowmen and acres of multicoloured flashing lights ourselves, but to an alien Britain will appear more like a wild amusement arcade with no space to land. So us Brits are hoping they might go somewhere with a little less bling like say, Canada....... HAH HAH HAH hah hah ahahh ah ahh ah hah ahahhhah ha ha ha

      Delete