Wednesday 26 December 2012

Boxing Day, Harry Potters Owl (well that's what I was told), Christmas dinner and a Hobbit...


So here we are at the end of Boxing Day and all the family have gone home leaving the house quiet and peaceful again. The day went quite well bearing in mind we had 13 for Boxing Day lunch. I have been back to look at last years diary entry and noted that we did much the same last year, although last year it was a slightly different group of people and the main dinning table was a different shape. You see our dinning table is rather cunning because it is two identical dinning tables which when side by side form a square and when end to end form a rectangle, this year it was the turn of the rectangle. After much eating and attempted party games and exchanging presents and letting the cats in and out and in then out again loads, we ended by chatting about stuff like the End of the world that did not start or end meaning we are all still here, I did not tell them that in fact it did end and they are all barcodes in an old Dell computer because it is Christmas and it might upset them a bit. But all in all it was a jolly good day and all I need to do is work out how I get back out of the Dell computer, I knew I should have drawn a map….



One of today’s treats was the left overs of Harry Potters Owl which Mr Kris and Miss Tracy brought over, so now saved in the fridge for a sandwich tomorrow is the left leg of Harry Potters owl, as Harry himself would say eatimious yumiosus  Whatever happened to Harry Potter he seems to have vanished entirely now, still it could be worse some fool might start making Hobbit movies . . . . . . . . . . ..  AH DAMN.

Yesterday by the way was seriously chilled most of the day, then in the evening we went to The Sun Inn in Marton and had a brill Christmas dinner, so many thanks to all at the Sun Inn

Sorry about the picture I forgot to take one of the table while it was looking posh and all that is left on it of interest in The Lost Orb of Atlantis.


.
.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful festive holiday Rob Z.

    Mine was filled with far too much food and the televisual excellence that was the Doctor Who Christmas Special. Thereafter, I became fully acquainted with the porcelain God that lives in my bathroom. Well all those roast potatoes and stuffing had to go somewhere.

    Yes I know, I share far too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I have not had the opportunity to indulge in television, I did hear that Dr Who was good though, so I might try and see it on iplayer. Too much food is something of a tradition, as I write this I have just finished lunch on the 27th and I have eaten Harry Potters Owls leg and am presently eating chocolate with a nice cup of tea.

      Delete
  2. You have inspired me to figure out how to have two kitchen tables that are both square but when you put them together you stiLL have just a square. It was tricky at first but then I figure-d it out. Oh, just as I was fixing to push the Publish Comment button I figure-d out another way to do it, oh, siLLiness is the brain being at 5:55 AM. I like puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too have worked out a method of putting two square tables together to make a square table. But I do have to say having a square or long oblong option is rather useful. I think I used the wrong word before but I was in a bit of a rush and have a scatty brain. My brain could be doing all sorts of things at 5:55 AM and I would not be aware of it, in fact it might have a secret life I do not know about.

      Delete
    2. It does.

      I have designed a few more two squares become one designs, and I think I wiLL write a blog post but I wiLL have to make some drawing and I am terribly busy today, so later.

      Speaking of brains, I have found an entertainly-interesting neuron mapping online project at MIT, as part of my neuroscience studies. Go to eyewire.org or watch Youtube videos. We are currently mapping connections in a retina.

      Delete
    3. I will look tomorrow I have sort of chilled out tonight eating peanut brittle and being lazy.

      Delete
    4. I have spent a lifetime enjoy the moments of no momentum lazy, but I don't recaLL ever performing it with the accompaniment of brittle, peanut or other forms of nuttery. I am probably passing by the diner today to pick up my cake pan so I wiLL give Jesus your s'ggestions for cat naming, if he is there.

      Delete
    5. How strange ... neither object was at the diner, my cake pan OR Jesus. I wiLL try again today.

      Delete
  3. We put the kids to bed early on Boxing Day and stayed up late watching zombie movies. It was very festive. I can't believe that you ate Harry Potter's owl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think Harry minded that much he said it kept leaving mouse heads on his bed and pecking holes in the Lamp shades. Owls do stuff like that

      Delete
  4. Hello Rob. I have returned to the land of the living after at 24 trip to that there Manchester oop north to visist Mrs H's clan where were force fed gammon and beef until our faces fell off.
    There was no room for pudding or even beer. there really was that much food!
    Arrived back with stange boxes full of speakers for our new communal barn (pictures to follow in the new year).
    Must dash now 'cos I've got a quiz to write down and get ready for Bumferry's Bingo Bananza tomorrow night! (more pictures to follow)
    I'll be glad when this 2012 is over so I can catch my breath - its put years on me!... well at least one. hahahahahahahahahahha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do know how to eat oop north none of that silly southern designer dinners balanced on a plate with things drizzled round the edge so your sleave gets covered in sticky stuff

      Delete
  5. ps- I do love that simon and Garfunkel song. Its one of my favs.

    ReplyDelete