Sunday 23 December 2012

A Large Steam Powered Post Apocalyptic, Jekyll and Hyde Santa


Parts of Britain are not fairing well with the floods and although it has been dry today the next few days appear to be a return to more rain, just as our old mate Santa is about to turn up. Dad has built a large Steam Powered Post Apocalyptic, Jekyll and Hyde Santa for all those people who were hoping for Armageddon for Christmas. He has even filled Santa’s beard with fish paste and French fries from the takeaway to encourage flocks of seagulls to follow Santa into his fairy Grotto. Dads plan was to take his Steam Powered Post Apocalyptic, Jekyll and Hyde Santa to the out of town supermarket and offer him as an attraction but unfortunately dad was unable to get the store manager to unlock his office and most of the other store staff ran screaming in the opposite direction. Even the Steam Powered Post Apocalyptic, Jekyll and Hyde Santa’s chirpy smile and friendly ho ho ho hello and who would you like me to eat this Christmas didn’t help much. Dad did try and shout through the keyhole of the manager’s door He is great at eating left over turkey and old Christmas trees but it was drowned out by gibbering and the manager scratching at the floor tiles, trying to dig a tunnel.


Dad was planning to take the reindeer to the store with him but mum said they were too scary and looked like a pack of 30 foot high demonic werewolf’s and that the idea of converting a Trojan Space Gull into a sleigh was just plain stupid.  Dad said the public are boring and will probably sit and watch repeats of the Morecombe and Wise Show while trying to get an entire tin of chocolate into their mouths at the same time. I’m sure dad is wrong surely no one would do that  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . AH 
I spent an hour yesterday doing a quick bit of recording and so if all goes to plan it will be available on line to listen to, I am still working out what does what at present with all the controls and it is all a bit basic so nothing clever just me and a drum and a harmonica and a bit of bent metal that goes boing. As I type I am also trying to work out how to get this uploaded, what I need is a clever Ghost Writer


Ok a bit basic but its a start

8 comments:

  1. As I type this my head is doing a little jig because I'm listening to your tune. Loving the harmonica..... Can't wait to hear more. This is exactly the kind of funky sound I expected from the Head of the RATS!
    cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, love the little *coffcoff* at the end as well. I always put my coffs at the start. Don't know why though. Its just my way. love it!

      Delete
    2. I am still going coffcoff I'm afraid. As for the Djembe playing it was fairly simple stuff it is not the same playing on your own. It is one of those things where you are much better off in a group of five or six and it felt a bit odd to play along with myself so I kept it simple. And I haven't played harmonica in years so am rather rusty. But I was pleased that it sounded fairly natural on the recording I have a feeling drums can be a bit a problem to record

      Now that I worked out how to up load something to youtube I will have a go at putting a couple of tracks from the album the Ghost Writer did about 10years plus or so ago, (we are a talented bunch.

      Delete
  2. Spawn just came into my room (he's always up late on holidays)and said that my dancing measured 9.5 on the Richter scale. Loved when the harmonica kicked in.

    Spawn and I had a go at Djembe playing recently and I sucked. He however proved to be a natural and so it stands to reason, that I threatened to cut off both his hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lily and the Lil man. I rather like playing Djembe but it is a social instrument and you need to play it in a small group who meet an a regular basis. Maybe you could convince the Lil man that if he was to get together with a couple of friends they could dress up as demons and call themselves The Drummers of Beelzebub, I can see that having a bit of commercial mileage in it, and would beat being an accountant any day.

      Happy Christmas by the way, I probably will say happy Christmas again in cyberspace, but just in case I am distracted by a desire to leap about and be Jolly (MMMMMMMM seems unlikely) I am planning to say Happy Christmas now everywhere. XXX

      Delete
  3. It is stiLL the 23rd here, so I can teLL you Merry Christmas Eve Eve. So I always refer to today as Christmas Adam. (Its an Adam and Eve joke).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a close relative whose first name is Jack and the last letter of his last name is L, and I rarely see him, so that is kinda like hiding. He also just happens to work but not live in the city where Cooper has his doctor, the vet. So somehow aLL that is a doctor Jack L and he is missing most of the time by hiding at his job, eXcept on holiday family gatherings. He also sometimes rides a motorcycle but that reaLLy has nothing to do with this story.

      Delete
    2. In old rhyming slag . . .. Would you Adam and Eve it. . . .means would you believe it. So at some point over the Christmas festivities you will be able to turn round to someone and say

      Cor Blimey, would you Adam and Eve it

      Have you ever seen the Movie, The Day of the Jackal . . . It is a great film (the Original one, I think they did a remake)

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&gl=GB&v=h6xMnTPEzPo

      Merry Christmas Mr ESB

      Delete