Thursday 7 June 2012

Steven Spielberg, eye tests, cars and The Inland Revenue


Several things have happened today, OK not very exciting things bearing in mind this online diary in its various formats is the basis of a forthcoming Steven Spielberg film based on the block buster best selling books (yes we are getting towards the end of book two, sort of). The first thing is the weather has been rather wet, mmmmmm very wet, just think that only a few days ago we were all desperate for some cooler weather and today was like the worse day in December.  This is classic British weather at its best, love it or hate it (OK just hate it), but it is why we (us Brits) are so boring when we discuss the weather.

As you all know the paperwork for Mr Napoleon Beelzebub’s Very Strange Curiosity Shop has all been completed now and today it was delivered to the accountant in order to keep the Inland Revenue happy, To tell the truth it is better if the tax man is not smiling at you, dad always says if the tax man is smiling make sure the flamethrower  is to hand in order to defend yourself. Or get Benny Neckbender to make a load of money sharpish, which at present is not an option as he is on holiday with the queen, and some IDIOT accidently let slip about today’s escape plan in his diary (sorry Benny).

I went for an eye test today, everyone says that they can only assume I have really bad eye sight at present or I would not write complete rubbish and make so many mistakes writing complete rubbish.  The Optician says that my eye sight has not changed that much it is still rubbish; and without my glasses on I could not see the board with the letters on to tell him what the letters are. As it happened I could not see him either so it took a few minutes to realize it was him telling me to read the letters, not a passing stranger.  I have learn that what ever I do I don’t take my glasses off these days, because I cant find them again to put them back on in order to see them to put them on.  So my eye sight is OK with my glasses on.

Then we all went off to get dads prescription from the doctors, it is apparently something that happens as you get older, at some point a doctor will go AH you need to take one of these every day. Then by the time you get to great great grannies age you get a huge jar of assorted tablets that you pick and mix because you can’t remember what is for what or when you are meant to take them. It appears great great granny knows she has nine or was it nineteen pills a day but it appears that it is then pot luck it could be nine of anything, I am told that this is quiet normal after a certain age and most pensioners are downing an unknown assortment of pills with a glass a economy whiskey most evening all over the western world.



OK I better go but I also bought more stone effect paint today and went to see family members with a car that is OK but only when it is not moving. There are apparently lots of cars like this in the world that are a bit dodgy like great great granny and only any good when the don’t move much. 

.


By the way I feel I should mention that this is post number 500 so I am personally quite impressed with that. As some of you know the aim to to reach a total of one million words and I think I am about a third of the way to achieving that. I then plan to stop but we will see, I need to get there first


.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on post number 500, that's very impressive! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sometimes it is easy to write and sometimes it is not. But I do try to write a post every day

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on reaching 500 posts...but what happens to the RATS, if you decide not to carry on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it has taken about 14 or 15 months to get to 500 posts which is about 250,000 words as my diary was running on facebook for about 6 or 7 months before it arrived as a blog so it seems to me it may take another 4 years to reach my goal.

      That's a long time Miss Lily, the Lil man will be a teenager by then and you may have other things on your mind

      Delete
  3. I was recently given an update to my driver's license, so it apppears that my vision is goood enough to operate certain motorcraft or posssibly the State of Texas was so desperate for money, especiaLLy mine, so they let me continue to drive anyway. Perhaps they were fearful of what might happpen if they had not given me a renewal. It would have meant being trappped at home or walking. Alot.

    We are being wet outdoors currently. So if anyone comments about the weather here, I wiLL just teLL them we are just being British at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed Britain is rather wet, if appears if it rains in the south a few more weeks they will allow the use of hose pipes again. That will be just what we need the use of hose pipes in the rain.

      Without my glasses I cant find the car

      Delete
  4. I have only read a few of those 500 posts, yet I'd say I missed out. I'll keep up now for the future. (notice I said, the future, not future, American, huh.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. future not future ........ I noticed that I think. As for reading all 500 posts it is far to big a task, wait until the film is made then that will get you up to date.

      Delete
  5. Please don't ever stop! You're posts really amuse me :)
    Especially this one! I know what you mean about the whether (being in Britain as well). On Monday it's hot so we plan ahead as if it will never go cold again or we complain that it is too hot and as soon as it turns cold again on Wednesday, as it inevitably will in Britain, we complain that it's not hot. Typical British people, right! In fact, thank you for inspiring a blog post!
    M. x

    ReplyDelete